Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tringme VOIP to offer free calls


You didn't hear much about Free calling to India lately? You didnt hear much about free voip? Then, here is the news for you.

When i first read about Tringme on Techcrunch, I was really excited to see how their VOIP service works and what are they offering. However i reliased, it was in close beta. Thankfully, even today VOIP Guide can sell better than me :-) All I had to do is to send email to TringMe team to get myself on their limited close beta list. Within 30 mins, I got my account activated. On top of it, Tring Me founder got in touch with me to help me understand the system. Pretty Neat and frindly!

Tringme (Call me in simple english) is a VOIP company founded by an Indian, Yusuf Motiwala. I wouldn't really get into more details about his personal life :-) I had long discussion with Yusuf about Tringme's model and all i can say, it looks promising. For a change, its a bit different than other VOIP application services who expect you to download their voip softphones or use SIP based services in order to use their services.

Tringme do not require user to install anything and provide pure web based telephony experience unlike its peers like Jajah, Fring, Truphone expect users to download something or the other on their machine/phone. Now you must be wondering why Jajah is different than Tring me. Doesnt it look similar? Well, Tringme sets itself apart by not being the middleman in the voip transaction. They dont expect you to go tringme website to make calls. It works very similar to Jaxtr.

Tringme is currently testing their system in multiple phase. They are in Phase 1 where voicemail functionality is being tested out. Users get 5 voicemails credits by default. That means people can use my widget and drop 5 voicemails for me, which can be sent via email or i can access them online. More like GrandCentral? The second phase, which will actually allow making free calls would be launched soon. Again, it will be in beta and only available to select few. We will ensure that we are on the list.

Tringme wants to play it safe, ensure that their systems are performing at optimum levels and offering top class VOIP services. Its not very clear about how many free calls you can make. I assume we can get free calling credits and if used up, can buy more minutes online.

They are also trying to work their way into Enterprise VOIP, which is widely open for grabs. They are offering enterprises to register their own private SIP server where TringMe can route calls and voicemails for a set of users. Enterprise can have their internal dialing plan for further routing of the calls and voicemails. Enterprises can even develop application based on SIP to offer some innovative solutions to their users.


Tringme also offers a cool looking widget which you can place online on your blog, website or even email (i guess it would work).

Overall, Tringme seems to offers everything under the sun in a plain simple VOIP service. Lets hope they get their stuff together and launch it to public soon.

Lets tring for FREE VOIP. As i said, Tring me is under beta, however you can try your luck for being invited into Tring me. Register for Tring me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment